Congratulations, you have made it through the first four steps of your PIVOT. You took the time to PONDER what you need and why, INITIATED
Pondering – The foundation for ALL effective career pivots
In today’s age, we do not spend much time truly pondering our careers until the dragon is at the door! Who am I? Where have I been? Where do I need to go? What’s important? Why? How am I going to get there? How will I know when I have arrived?
How often do we truly stop and think about the direction we’re headed in?
The harsh reality is our professional destinies are often an after-thought, something we face head on only after we’ve arrived at an impasse.
The intersection of where we’ve been coupled with where we’d like to go is fraught with twists and turns. Luckily, this journey begins like any other trip: with mindfulness as well as thoughtful consideration.
Let’s take a look at a 5-step plan to get your wheels turning in the direction you’re ready to head into!
5 steps for pondering a career pivot
- Find an experienced coach who listens well, can pinpoint your strengths, and is able to pull out the best in you.
- Be open to tools that capture critical qualitative and quantitative data.
- Spend quiet time in silence, prayer, or meditation so your higher power can speak to your heart (don’t skip this step!).
- Build a roadmap that includes a timeline, decision-making criteria, your personal brand statement, values, and more.
- Revel in your newfound confidence knowing your momentum as you begin your life-changing journey!
Need a little more nudging?
Take a look at these testimonials – the next one could be yours!