“I would like to start with what I think the word “meaning” means to me, connecting with another in a way that captures a sense of purpose or a human value instilling or making a positive contribution to the well-being of another. While working hard to build my nursing career, I experienced tumultuous reorganizations which moved me further and further away from my definition of meaning. I was not working at the top of my license nor using my skills to their highest potential. The work was not clinical – it was the furthest from “nursing” I had ever been. I did not feel like I belonged in my job, and this sense became stronger with each passing day.
Then, one day, I decided I needed to move ahead in my search to find my next best role, one that would fill my “nursing cup to the brim.” Unfortunately, I was not sure what that even looked like anymore. I knew I had a strong skill set, excellent experience, and enough education, but I was unsure what I wanted to do or where to look. I thought maybe a career coach could help me figure it out. That is when I found Coach Peter!”
After an introductory conversation, Coach Peter and Heidi set clear project outcomes: For Heidi to build a brand and market strategy/execution that would provide her with confidence and momentum, resulting in making the transition that she needed and doing it in under 90 days. (The 90 days did not happen, it took a little longer, but it sure was worth it. Read on!
Coach Peter and Heidi created an action plan that would:
- Get Heidi back in touch with her awesome brand.
- Create a rigorous target market plan.
- Build a branded resume that would give Heidi confidence/gain the attention of the right hiring teams.
- Prepare for and execute all interviews.
- Work through the job offer, decide, and communicate acceptance.
- Provide a project plan based on consistent communication feedback loops, ensuring celebrating every achieved milestone along the way.