After an introductory conversation, Coach Peter and Emily set a clear goal and strategy: For Emily to decide what and where her next job should be. This goal would be accomplished through the implementation of a strategic plan. You will note in the actions below that during the process; we uncovered the need to understand Emily’s authentic brand to more deeply inform what verticals/jobs we were targeting and why! The backdrop of all of this would be a current job optimization plan.
Coach Peter and Emily created an action plan that would:
1. Build a job search strategy focusing on target verticals, network development, lead generation, outbound messaging, and informational interviews.
2. Create a brand statement that showcases Emily’s awesomeness, powerful experiences, passion, and values that she holders dear.
3. Build/Execute a current job optimization 30-60-90 Day plan of action:
- Consider how/where Emily can take ownership of her job situation.
- Hold meeting with her boss to gain alignment on reducing # of meetings.
- Learn how to win friends and influence people through effective communication.
- Take advantage of all opportunities that come her way.
- Work the job search strategy.
4. Provide project plan-based, consistent communication feedback loops. Ensuring to celebrate every achieved milestone along the way.