I worked in the clinical research field for 9+ years, most recently leading scientific exchange/collaborations with oncology disease experts surrounding research initiatives supporting 470+ new trials/amendment submissions, reviews/approvals per year. I was proud of the work I was doing as I was focused on my mission to help patients with cancer. As a clinical pharmacist and biologist, I wanted to do more, to be at the front end of creating highly effective oncology therapies – to be a clinical scientist. That meant transitioning from my role at a major oncology study site to the pharmaceutical industry. I knew this transition would be difficult, and I did not have the know-how to make it a reality. I thought a career coach could help me figure it out. That is when I found Peter!
After an introductory conversation, Peter and I set clear project outcomes: to build a brand and market strategy/execution and targeted/ aligned job submission documents that would give me confidence and momentum, resulting in completing the transition I needed and doing it in less than 90 days. It took a little longer than 90 days, but it was worth it. Read on!
- Built my incredible brand statement
- Created a rigorous target market plan
- Built a targeted resume that would bring out the STAR stories that would give me confidence/gain the attention of the right hiring teams
- Prepared me for and executed all my interviews
- Reviewed my job offer, ensuring that I negotiated a win-win agreement with a lucky employer, and helped me make an excellent decision
- Provided me with a project plan based on consistent communication feedback loops, ensuring celebrating every achieved milestone and creating a sense of momentum